You want a house alarm but do you go it yourself or bring in the professionals?
Installing a house alarm system is an effective way to protect your property and keep your family safe. However, when it comes to installation, you have two options: DIY or professional installation. In this article, we will discuss the pros and cons of each method, to help you make an informed decision.
DIY house alarm installation
DIY house alarm installation involves purchasing a security system kit and installing it yourself. This option is appealing to many homeowners because it is typically cheaper than professional installation and allows for greater control over the installation process.
- Cost-effective: DIY installation can save you money on installation fees.
- Flexibility: You have the flexibility to install the system on your own schedule.
- Control: You have full control over the installation process, which means you can customize the system to suit your specific needs.
- Limited expertise: Unless you have prior experience in installing security systems, DIY installation may not be as effective as professional installation. You may miss important details or overlook potential vulnerabilities.
- Time-consuming: Installing a security system can be time-consuming, especially if you are not familiar with the process. This may be a disadvantage if you are busy and have limited time to spare.
- Limited support: If you run into problems during installation, you may have limited support available to you.
Professional house alarm installation
Professional house alarm installation involves hiring a company to install the security system for you. This option typically involves higher costs but provides greater peace of mind.
- Expertise: Professional installers have the knowledge and expertise to ensure that the system is installed correctly and efficiently. They will also be able to identify potential vulnerabilities and provide solutions to address them.
- Time-saving: Professional installation is typically much faster than DIY installation. This means that you can start using your system sooner and without the need for time-consuming research or installation.
- Support: With professional installation, you have access to ongoing support from the installation company. This can be helpful if you run into problems or have questions about the system.
- Cost: Professional installation can be more expensive than DIY installation, as you will need to pay for installation fees.
- Less control: With professional installation, you will have less control over the installation process. The installer may make decisions that are not to your liking or that you do not fully understand.
Which Option is Best for You?
The choice between DIY and professional house alarm installation ultimately comes down to your personal preferences and needs. If you have experience in installing security systems and have the time to spare, DIY installation may be a good option. However, if you want the peace of mind that comes with professional installation and are willing to pay extra for it, then professional installation may be the way to go.
In the UK, there are many reputable security system companies that offer both DIY and professional installation options. Make sure to do your research and choose a company that has a good reputation and offers the features and support that you need. By doing so, you can ensure that your home security system is installed correctly and that you and your family are protected.
Getting quotes from a professional
When choosing a security company in the UK, there are several factors to consider;
Most importantly make sure the company is certified by the relevant regulatory bodies. For example in the UK you have the Security industry authority (SIA) and National Security inspectorate (NSI)
Experience, reputation and customer service will help in finding a reputable company using others experience. You can head over to our security page to get quotes using our fee no obligation service.
What do you want a quote for?
What type of Alarm?
Enter your postcode
Enter your email
Enter your details
Finding the right DIY alarm system
Google, it can help you find anything you need. That’s why you are here though, so we’ve done our research and found some of the best rated security systems on amazon for a variety of budgets.